GGFSS Rules and Regulations
GGFSS will endeavor to provide a living and learning environment in which the student can meet his or her academic goals in completing their training and receiving certification. These rules may be edited or supplemented without notice. Please inform us via email if you would like notification of any changes.
Attendance and Certification Policies
For Academic Curricula Only
- Students are required to attend all classes to complete their certification and Absences and tardiness will be recorded. If, for some reason, a student cannot attend a day of class, total attendance and participation will be evaluated before awarding certification. In the event of multiple missed days of class, students must purchase and listen to class downloads to complete their certification.
- All homework and class projects must be completed for certification.
- Students are required to show a willingness to learn and participate during class in order to receive certification.
- GGFSS reserves the right, at its sole discretion to grant students certification. The school's decision is final.
For All Curricula
- Students attending class should be without signs of contagious disease. Communicable diseases should be reported to GGFSS staff.
- Please respect students, teachers, and staff at the school. This includes dressing appropriately for class, using appropriate language, and following the rules and regulations listed below.
- Please respect school property, both at the facility where classes are held and at GGFSS office and administration site.
- Audio and/or video recording of any class material is strictly prohibited. Duplication of any printed class material is also prohibited. Workbooks, videos, and tapes are available for study use by appointment at the school.
- Please be mindful of the impact your words and actions have on your fellow students and use appropriate language during class and at breaks.
- Disruptive behavior in class is unacceptable and will result in a request to curtail the disruptive behavior. If such request is not observed and acted on, the school may take further action to ensure the learning experience of other students is not affected. Unobserved requests may result in the school expelling the offending student and/or denying certification.
- Use of computers during class time is only permitted for classwork including, but not limited to, taking notes and viewing site plans. Frivolous surfing of the internet or checking emails during class time will be considered as disruptive behavior.
- No animals are permitted on the premises where classes are held, aside from the school dog Sita Rose.
- A graduate student will be available to speak with privately about any challenges students might be experiencing during their time at GGFSS. This is in order to provide support and to avoid causing a disruption for other students.
- Violence of any type will not be tolerated. This includes both verbal and physical violence, as well as racial and sexual harassment. Any acts of this nature will result in immediate expulsion from the program.
- If a student has a problem with another student, he/she should first address the issue with the appropriate party. If a satisfactory resolution is not met, an active listening session between the parties with a mediator will be held upon request.
- Any student or teacher who incites other students to cause friction within the school will be subject to expulsion, along with the entire group of students who are involved. Such acts that interfere with our aim to uphold the learning environment and the spirit of the school will be immediately addressed.
- If you have any complaints, questions, or problems with the program, please express them directly to the school office during business hours when class is not in session. Your complaint will be reviewed and answered within one week.
- All communication with the school, whether by email, phone, written letter, in person or by any other means is expected to be respectful and considerate.
Last updated: April 2019